Saturday 17 May 2008

The conservatory window has feelings too...

This is true, as I found out last night whilst trying to teach my best friend some simple diabolo and juggling stuff. Paul was one of the original people to motivate me into learning to three ball cascade, but there, and a few columns tricks, is where his skills pretty much end. So, having overtaken him in the tricks department, I took it upon myself to drag him into my garden at 9:30 on a Friday night to teach him to diabolo. Within half an hour, he'd learnt some simple speeding-up techniques, Cat's Cradle, and some Magic Knot stuff, managed a completely accidental Whip Catch after watching me do it, had his first ever diabolo strop by throwing my sticks at my conservatory window, and trashed half the bushes in my garden. I then tried to teach him to ball pass, but that didn't go according to plan due to the lack of natural light and decent balls...
But last night left me with a sense of pride that I can actually inspire someone to become so enthusiastic about learning things. And trying to teach someone things that I've only recently learnt myself has let me look at them from a different angle, and I spotted some little things that I don't do that would probably help me to complete the tricks better and more easily.
So anyone reading this that would like to learn some simple circus tricks, let me know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwh well good, Amee's got the upper hand on Paul WAHOO I say =P
But personally I feel sorry for the window and the plants
Such cruelty
*shakes head*
=P
Beckahay of the walker variety